Leadership Bootcamp for HR Professionals Training in London , UK
Course Code : HRM6 - Course Address : Hilton London Paddington Hotel - Course Fees : 4950 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|London , UK||24 - 12 - 2023||28 - 12 - 2023||
|London , UK||3 - 12 - 2023||7 - 12 - 2023||
|London , UK||14 - 1 - 2024||18 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||28 - 1 - 2024||1 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||18 - 2 - 2024||22 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||4 - 2 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||3 - 3 - 2024||7 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||17 - 3 - 2024||21 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||7 - 4 - 2024||11 - 4 - 2024||
|London , UK||21 - 4 - 2024||25 - 4 - 2024||
This intensive programme is designed to equip potential HR leaders with the insights and thinking needed to bring HR to the Boardroom and take its rightful place at a strategic level. Many HR Professionals find that their ability to progress their career within their organisations to higher management and board level is limited not by their ability and skills but by the perception that HR is not always a mainstream and strategic activity.
The ability to present convincing arguments at the highest level for investment in people in terms of training, development and associated HR activities demands professionals who are regarded as highly competent and respected for their knowledge and visible contribution to the bottom line. This ability is a critical skill for all ambitious HR professionals. The course will equip delegates with the necessary skills and confidence.
This course will feature:
- Stimulating exercises and role plays which are planned carefully to allow delegates to examine and undertake real-life situations and experiences.
- Active participation to practice and apply different skills and styles – experience which can be taken back to the workplace.
- Extensive and constructive feedback throughout the course from the tutor, from fellow delegates and from self-review.
- Appreciate the contribution of HR to the overall success of the organisation
- Appreciate the links between HR and other success critical activities
- Identify and develop critical skills needed for strategic decision-making
- Develop effective persuasive and discursive skills
- Show the HR Professional and their function as competent and respected
HR Functions, relation to other functions and the operating environment
- Development of HR from welfare to business partner
- Specialist functions
- Building bridges with other functions
- Understanding the internal environment
- Understanding the external environment
KEYNOTE ACTIVITY: ‘Analysing the Operating Environment’
What is Leadership, Management versus Leadership, Styles of Leadership
- Defining Leadership
- Differences between Management and Leadership
- Understanding and applying different styles
- Making the transition from Manager to Leader
KEYNOTE ACTIVITY: ‘The Manager’s Dilemma - A Case Study’
Importance of a Professional persona, placing the HR function at the forefront
- Marketing the HR function
- Enhancing personal image and gaining respect
- Becoming an expert communicator
- ‘Master class’ session in presentation skills
KEYNOTE ACTIVITY: Individual Presentations
Strategic Thinking and Decision Making
- Strategic versus tactical thinking
- Models of decision-making
- Summarising information into meaningful argument
- Presenting a logical argument
- Understanding and dealing with disagreement and objections
- Dealing with conflict and confrontation
KEYNOTE ACTIVITY: ‘Case Study in Strategic Decision Making – The Charity Donation’
Analysing data to understand trends and make accurate forecasts
- Turning HR Data into information to understand trends
- Making numbers easy to understand
- Presenting data
- Making forecasts based on analysed information
KEYNOTE ACTIVITY: ‘Human Resource Planning Case Study’
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.