Leadership and Decision - Making in Crisis and Emergency Situations Training in Dubai , UAE
Course Code : MNG119 - Course Address : Manzil Downtown Hotel - Course Fees : 4750 GBP + 05% VAT
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Dubai , UAE||24 - 12 - 2023||28 - 12 - 2023||
|Dubai , UAE||10 - 12 - 2023||14 - 12 - 2023||
|Dubai , UAE||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||14 - 1 - 2024||18 - 1 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||18 - 2 - 2024||22 - 2 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||11 - 2 - 2024||15 - 2 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||3 - 3 - 2024||7 - 3 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||7 - 4 - 2024||11 - 4 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||14 - 4 - 2024||18 - 4 - 2024||
All leaders are sooner or later confronted with the need to lead and manage their team or organization during a crisis or emergency. The skills and competencies that are required to lead in these circumstances are much more demanding of the leader than normal everyday leadership.
Leaders have to make decisions quickly while accepting significant risk in order to achieve a favourable outcome for their organization, its members and clients, as well as the public it serves.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Improve the effectiveness of your reports, proposals, emails, letters and other communication
- Develop more efficient writing processes, improving project and time management
- Meet the needs of your readerships/audiences enabling them achieve their own objectives
- Develop your presentational skills and the techniques to enhance impact and effectiveness
- Deploy the right techniques, tools and skills for a wide variety of communications challenges
Contents Day One
Psychology and Dynamics of Crises and Emergencies
- The nature of crises and emergencies
- Individual psychology under crisis and emergency conditions
- Collective psychology under crisis and emergency conditions
- Evolution and dynamics of crises and emergencies
- Crises and emergencies don’t just work 8 hour days
- Tasks of leaders before, during, and after a crisis or emergency
Rational Decision-Making in Crises and Emergencies
- Instinct, intuition, and reason
- Rational decision-making processes
- Individual and collective decision-making
- Delegation through mission-based leadership
- Nested hierarchical planning and operations
Leading Teams and Organizations
- Organizational and public responsibilities of leaders in crises and emergencies
- Crisis/emergency management organization
- Creating effective and efficient teams through rapid teambuilding
- Creating effective and efficient interagency cooperation and collaboration
- Organizational and team dynamics: morale, cohesion, mood, and unity of purpose
- Principles of operational command and leadership
Solving the Problem: Managing the Crisis or Emergency
- Seeking cause and effect to solve the problem, not to attribute blame or responsibility
- Creating and running a crisis/emergency command centre
- Elements of risk management: prevention, response, containment, and recovery
- Principles of business continuity and crisis operations
- Information gathering and situational awareness
- Operational rhythm, routines, and information management
Ethical Factors in Crisis and Emergency Leadership
- Caring for subordinates and their families
- The leader’s self-care
- Responsibilities to authorities, the public and/or victims
- Managing and leveraging the media
- After-action review and lessons learned processes
- Preparing for the next crisis or emergency
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Downtown. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.