Leadership and Management Skills for New Manager and Supervisor Training in London , UK
Course Code : MNG192 - Course Address : Hilton London Paddington Hotel - Course Fees : 4950 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|London , UK||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||4 - 2 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||21 - 4 - 2024||25 - 4 - 2024||
This programme provides an understanding of the issues which allow for effective management and supervision, such as proactive planning, understanding of customer relations, effective time management, proper communication and understanding human interaction,helping new managers/supervisors know how to use productive leadership and management techniques.
- Understand and develop skills necessary for new managers/supervisors
- Learn the importance of managing with strategic thinking
- Learn how to set goals and plan effectively and efficiently
- Develop ability to establish a customer focus in management
- Develop positive interpersonal techniques for better people relationships
- Improve their ability to make higher quality decisions
- Apply concepts of team building, team performance and motivation
- Learn how to establish and maintain time management techniques
- Understand the role of stakeholders and learn techniques of stakeholder management
- Understand how to develop productive communication techniques
- Understand the importance of performance standards, goals and objectives
- Develop improvement plans to accomplish work and improve performance
Leadership Skills Required of a New Manager/Supervisor
- Identification of management and supervisory leadership skills
- Challenges supervisors face in dynamic, changing organisations
- Identifying the life cycle of organisations
- The role of leadership in todayâ€™s successful organisations
- Understanding the role of strategic management in leadership
- The importance in leadership of a customer focus
Importance of Goal Setting and Planning Management for a Manager/Supervisor
- Developing goals and objectives that align with the companyâ€™s business plan
- Developing a concept of planning based on standardised principles
- Identifying the role of stakeholders in effective planning
- Using a planning process to set planning goals and get work started
- Integrating initiating objectives, scope, work structure and management planning
Time Management and Communication as Effective Disciplines for New Managers/Supervisors
- Determining how personâ€™s style of work affects time management
- Using a process to identify time issues and solutions to the issues
- Learning how empowerment is used in time management
- Importance of leadership and communication methods
- Learning the impact of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Developing an active listening communication style
How New Managers/Supervisors Build Effective Interpersonal Interactions
- Characteristics of interpersonal interaction for individuals
- Identification of the personal interaction styles
- Individual strengths and challenges of interpersonal interaction styles
- Successful interpersonal interaction develops trust
- Stages of team development and the supervisorâ€™s role in each
- Understanding how people work better using varied interaction types
Developing Personal and Work Group Improvement Plans
- Encouraging innovation and improvement as a supervisor
- Understanding interpersonal work group dynamics
- Identification of change processes and human change
- Dealing with people who do not want change
- Developing an action plan for personal and work group improvement
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.