Systems Thinking in Analysing Problems Training in Singapore , Singapore
Course Code : MNG209 - Course Address : Ibis Singapore Novena - Course Fees : 7500 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Singapore , Singapore||10 - 12 - 2023||14 - 12 - 2023||
|Singapore , Singapore||7 - 1 - 2024||11 - 1 - 2024||
|Singapore , Singapore||11 - 2 - 2024||15 - 2 - 2024||
|Singapore , Singapore||24 - 3 - 2024||28 - 3 - 2024||
|Singapore , Singapore||14 - 4 - 2024||18 - 4 - 2024||
Systems Thinking was originally developed in the ‘50s & ‘60s by the then largest UK Company ICI and developed by others through exploring different perspectives such as purposeful systems and soft systems. The Open University and Lancaster University amongst others. There is a worldwide communication of users through LinkedIn.
It is useful in policy or strategy analysis, to ensure as far as possible that the outcomes are as intended. It is excellent in the analysis of complex socio-technical problems. It has marked advantages over any other analysis method where there is complexity and interconnectedness of the entities involved. It can be used to solve problems that traditional techniques are unable to complete and it can also highlight hidden issues that remain invisible to many forms of problem analysis.
This training session covers many of the techniques and tools in this field and provides thorough understanding of a flexible methodology. The techniques are normally applied to:
- Identify the real issues in complex interconnected situations
- Examine the possible solutions
- Focus on the key system of a potential solution
- Evaluate the best course of action
- Strategic problem solving
- e-Business process issues and human (soft) issues
- Understand the language of Systems Thinking
- Look at problems from the perspectives of multiple stakeholders
- Explore some analytical tools and techniques
- Learn how to use one methodology of approach
- Practice techniques that are used in this methodology
- Be able to judge which may be of most use in specific circumstances
- Participate in groups exploring familiar and new problems
- Evaluate potential actions against organisational requirements
- What is a system
- Problem-solving techniques discussion
- Difficulties and Messes
- Recognising complex systems
- Introduction to systems thinking
- Worldview and Perspectives
- Stakeholder analysis
- Systematic and Systemic
- The 2×2 Matrix
- Introduction to a Methodology
Diagramming Practice - Sensing
- The Power of Diagrams
- Introduction to Diagramming
- Venn Diagrams
- Spray Diagrams
- Mind Maps
- Hard and soft issues
- Soft systems methodology
- Rich pictures
- Systems Diagrams
- Challenging assumptions and objectives
Analysis Methodology - Understanding
- Causal Diagrams
- Influence Diagrams
- Multiple Cause Diagrams
- Deciding upon a system of interest
- Drawing sign graphs
- Analysing causal diagrams
- Feedback loops and system archetypes
- Criteria, measures and indicators
- Key performance indicators:
- Cycle time
- First pass yield/First time OK
- On-time delivery
- Interpreting measures
- Systems thinking and process mapping
- Root cause analysis
Problem Resolution - Deciding & Acting
- Overview of Modelling
- Setting system boundaries
- Evaluating Potential Actions
- Decision-making tools:
- Multiple Criteria Analysis
- 5 Ws & 1 H
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Pariwise ranking
- Force field analysis
- Reality Checks for Practicality
- Project managing change
- influence and persuasion
Case Studies - Putting theory into practice
- Applying the methodology to real problems
- Evaluation and discussion
- Commitment to action
- Agree next steps
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Ibis Singapore. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.