Treasury Products and Risk Management Training in London , UK
Course Code : FBA77 - Course Address : Hilton London Paddington Hotel - Course Fees : 4950 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|London , UK||24 - 12 - 2023||28 - 12 - 2023||
|London , UK||28 - 1 - 2024||1 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||18 - 2 - 2024||22 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||17 - 3 - 2024||21 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||7 - 4 - 2024||11 - 4 - 2024||
The Course Outlines:
Treasury Risk Management
- Role of the treasurer
- Role of the CFO
- Functions of a treasury
- Profit centres and cost centres
- Netting and in-house banks
- Importance of policies, procedures and risk management controls
Treasury Solutions – Currency Risk
- Client exposure management
- Hedging solutions - market
- spot foreign exchange
- base and variable currencies
- cross rates
- forward foreign exchange
- forward pricing
- forward points
- foreign exchange swaps
- currency swaps
- exchanges of principal
- gross and net settlement of differentials
- relationship to forward market
- advantages over forward market
- currency options
- comparison with the forward market
- ‘Natural’ hedging
How Hedging Works
- Identifying and analysing risk
- types of risk
- long and short positions
- physical delivery
- contracts for differences
- the importance of carry
- put/call parity
- the role of leverage in derivatives hedges
- OTC and exchange traded products
- how initial and variation margins work
- Herstatt risk
- DVP, PVP & CLS Bank
- symmetrical and asymmetrical risk management
- equal and opposite positions
- correlation and partial hedges
- when is a hedge a speculative position?
- IAS 39
Evaluating the Benefits of Treasury Management
- Evaluating upside and downside risks
- Advising clients on risk management
- Managing costs
Money Markets and Interest Rate Risk
- TBills, CDs, CP, ABCP
- IBORs, IBIDs, IMEANs and the interbank money markets
- Repos, Securities Lending and Sell/Buy backs
- Day count conventions: act/360, 30/360, act/act ....
- Discounts and yields
- Present values, future values, IRRs, YTMs and AICs
- ICMA 803.1 & 803.2
Understanding Money Market/Swap Market Yield Curves
- Liquidity preferences
- Preferred habitats
- Market expectations
- Market segmentation
- Efficient markets?
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.