Accounts Payable - From Accounting to Management Training in Berlin , Germany
Course Code : FBA158 - Course Address : Hotel Catalonia Berlin Mitte - Course Fees : 15000 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Berlin , Germany||10 - 12 - 2023||21 - 12 - 2023||
|Berlin , Germany||7 - 1 - 2024||18 - 1 - 2024||
|Berlin , Germany||4 - 2 - 2024||15 - 2 - 2024||
|Berlin , Germany||24 - 3 - 2024||4 - 4 - 2024||
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the function of Accounts Payable (AP) and its role in organizations.
- Take a successful lead in the management of Accounts Payable.
- Assess AP operations and processes and recommend improvements using the latest best practices.
- Apply accounting principles related to Accounts Payable.
- Evaluate main issues affecting AP staff in order to increase their efficiency and productivity.
- Apply tools and techniques in Microsoft Excel to effectively manage and monitor AP performance.
Day One :
The Important Role of Accounts Payable (AP)
- The Meaning of Managing Accounts Payable
- The Functions of Management
- The Big Picture: Accounts Payable and the Financial Health of Organizations
- The Functions of Accounts Payable Department and Role of AP Staff
- Accounts Payable Impact on Working Capital and Cash Management
Day Two :
Accounting Essentials for Accounts Payable
- Accounts Payable Terminology
- General Ledger and Sub-Ledger
- Preparing for Month End Close and Accruals
Day Three & Four :
Accounts Payable Processes and Best Practices
- Invoice Handling and Routing
- The Three Way Matching
- Methods of Payment Processing
- Maintaining the Vendor Master File
- Travel and Entertainment (T&E)
- Procurement Cards (P-Cards)
- Electronic Payment Options
Day Five & Six :
Key Topics in Accounts Payable Management
- Operational Analysis and Benchmarking
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Developing Performance Metrics
- Applying Best Practices in your Organization
- Identifying Proper Internal Controls
- The Annual Audit as an Added Value
- Impact of AP Outsourcing
- Detecting Fraud in Accounts Payable
- Disaster Recovery Planning
Day Seven :
The Behavioral Side of Managing Accounts Payable Department
- Improving the Image of AP Department
- Ways to Motivate AP Staff
- Organizing the AP Department
- Closing the Communication Gap
- Dealing with Internal and External Disputes
- Importance of Internal Customer Service
- Providing Customer Service to Vendors
Day Eight :
Accounts Payable Department as a Real Business Partner
- When We Should Pay Our Suppliers
- Understanding Cost of Funds
- Evaluating Early Payment Discount
- Pros and Cons of Early/Late Payments
- Relationship with Treasury Department
Day Nine & Ten :
Using Excel in Managing Accounts Payable
- Interface between Accounts Payable System and Excel
- Using Pivot Tables to Extract Valuable Information
- Preparing and Analyzing Accounts Payable Aging
- Accounts Payable Role in Improving Suppliers Commercial Terms
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Hotel Catalonia. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.