Effective Negotiation, Persuasion and Critical Thinking Training in London , UK
Course Code : MNG113 - Course Address : Hilton London Paddington Hotel - Course Fees : 4950 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|London , UK||17 - 12 - 2023||21 - 12 - 2023||
|London , UK||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||25 - 2 - 2024||29 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||28 - 4 - 2024||2 - 5 - 2024||
This course considers the importance of building alliances and relationships through the application of negotiation and persuasion. Delegates will work on critical thinking processes to enable them to make better planning decisions in order to achieve success when negotiating alliances.
The course will equip delegates with an essential framework for effective negotiation starting with the planning process and understanding why it is essential to consider the critical points in building and maintaining relationships. Delegates will have the opportunity to exercise and improve their influencing and persuasion skills, and build higher-level communication ability in order to deliver results and maintain alliances for the mutual benefit of the parties involved.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe a framework for the analysis of business alliances
- Understand how to apply influencing skills during the negotiation phase
- Recognise and manage difficult negotiators who use aggressive tactics during negotiation
- Understand the key principles of persuasion and its importance to negotiation
- Apply critical thinking when planning to develop business alliances
- Characteristics of a strategic alliance – effects of market dominance
- Culture and perception – and effects in building alliances
- Achieving results in the life cycle of the alliance, through building trust
- Personality - strengths & weaknesses in negotiations
- Minimising communication blockers to maintain relationships
- Development review and action planning
Influence & persuasion skills in managing the alliance
- Challenges of meetings – group and individual strategies
- Positive influence of listening in challenging situations - good and bad news!
- Applying rules of influential presentations to maximize impact
- Maintaining compatible body language & using logic, credibility and passion
- Feedback and action planning
Strategy in negotiation skills for partners and allies
- Steps in win-win negotiation
- The keys to collaborative bargaining in partnering
- Leverage: What it is and how to use it?
- Negotiation tactics and ploys
- Dealing with difficult negotiators and barriers
- Ethics in negotiation
Higher level negotiation skills for challenging situations
- Listening and responding to signals and informal information
- Recovering from reversals, errors and challenges
- Developing a climate of trust
- Higher level conversation techniques
- Concentrating action on the needs of alliance partners
Maintaining alliances: critical thinking for decision making
- Gaining control and using information – formal and informal
- Identifying sources and testing assumptions
- Framing the problem
- Decision making under pressure
- Reviewing strategic alliances and building personal action
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.