Essential Skills for the HR Professional Training in London , UK
Course Code : HRM36 - Course Address : Hilton London Paddington Hotel - Course Fees : 4950 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|London , UK||17 - 12 - 2023||21 - 12 - 2023||
|London , UK||14 - 1 - 2024||18 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||25 - 2 - 2024||29 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||3 - 3 - 2024||7 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||28 - 4 - 2024||2 - 5 - 2024||
Human Resources professionals or those who are about to start a career in Human Resources. The program is also beneficial for experienced officers and managers in Human Resources who wish to update their knowledge and skills about the latest techniques in the various Human Resources functions.
- Define communication and explain its importance to the work of HR professionals.
- Explains the main principles of business and report writing.
- Produce written HR correspondence and sample HR reports.
- Apply the basic skills of conflict resolution including influencing.
- Explain the importance of customer service in HR and the steps to build the required mindset.
- Apply basic coaching and counseling techniques in HR specific situations.
Human Resources and Communication
- Definition of Communication
- Communication in HR
- Characteristics of an Effective HR Communicator
- Questioning Techniques
- Listening and Empathy
- Interviewing Techniques:
- The STAR Technique
- The FACT Technique
- The Probing Technique
- The Leading Technique
- Basics of Public Speaking
HR Business Communication and HR Report
- Basics of Business Writing
- Writing HR Reports
- Common Mistakes in Writing HR Correspondence and Reports
- Examples of HR Correspondence and Reports
Conflict Resolution: A Required Skill for HR Professionals
- Definition of Conflict
- Sources of Conflict in HR
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Model
- Influencing Skills
- Practical Applications in HR
Client-Centric HR Departments
- Definition of Customer Service
- Internal Customers versus External Customers
- The Importance of Customer Service in HR
- HR Customers – Who Are They!
- Building a Customer Service Mentality in the HR Department
Coaching and Counselling Employees and Line Managers
- Coaching, Counseling and Mentoring
- Importance of Coaching and Counselling to HR Professionals
- Difference between Coaching, Counseling and Mentoring
- The 5 Principles of Coaching:
- Principle 1: Feedback
- Principle 2: Accountability
- Principle 3 Challenge
- Principle 4: Tension
- Principle 5: Systems
- The “TGROW” Model of a Super Coach (Topic, Goal, Reality, Options, Will)
Emotional Intelligence (EI): The Base for Honing HR Professional Competencies
- Definition of Emotional Intelligence
- Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- The Importance of EI for HR Professionals
- Developing EI Competencies
- Daily Applications in the HR Environment
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.