Leading with Excellence Training in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Course Code : MNG216 - Course Address : Westin Kuala Lumpur Hotel - Course Fees : 8900 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||10 - 12 - 2023||21 - 12 - 2023||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||28 - 1 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||4 - 2 - 2024||15 - 2 - 2024||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||17 - 3 - 2024||28 - 3 - 2024||
The environment of current competitive business requires an increased focus on skills in negotiating and communication for building alliances, and new processes such as planning and organizing work tasks to improve productivity. Additional skills such as delegating to empower staff to higher performance, and change management also help today’s modern leader create success.
Negotiation is inevitably at the heart of every process to achieve what you want or need to build an alliance, or work with consultants or suppliers. At the end of each negotiation, the goal is to seek a win-win agreement. Negotiation, Persuasion and Critical Thinking are the skills covered in module one of this programme.
Businesses and indeed, all organizations, find themselves needing more productive methods of planning, more appropriate goals and effective means of accomplishing work. A focus on using productive best practices allows for effective and efficient management of work and making changes in the organization. Planning and Organizing work, and Delegating to build a strong team are the skills learned in module 2 of this programme.
- Recognise aims for key alliances – how to develop and manage them
- Develop an effective plan and strategy for negotiations with allies
- Practice and develop skills for influencing others – especially those who are vital to your long-term business development strategy
- Gain confidence as a trusted negotiator who knows which behaviours to adopt for each stage of the negotiation
- Successfully apply the principles of persuasion to key negotiation situations
- Recognize internal and external influences on our daily planning
- Understand and develop skills necessary to complete work on time
- Learn how to organize work and projects to complete them successfully
- Understand the characteristics of colleagues who do work in our teams
- Develop positive interpersonal techniques for better team relationships
- Practice and develop skills for influencing others
- Gain confidence as a negotiator
- Know what behavior to adapt at each stage of the negotiation
- Recognize and counter the most common negotiating ploys
Effective Negotiation, Persuasion & Critical Thinking Day One
- Characteristics of a strategic alliance – effects of market dominance
- Culture and perception – and effects in building alliances
- Achieving results in the life cycle of the alliance, through building trust
- Personality - strengths & weaknesses in negotiations
- Minimising communication blockers to maintain relationships
- Development review and action planning
Influence & persuasion skills in managing the alliance
- Challenges of meetings – group and individual strategies
- Positive influence of listening in challenging situations - good and bad news!
- Applying rules of influential presentations to maximize impact
- Maintaining compatible body language & using logic, credibility and passion
- Feedback and action planning
Strategy in negotiation skills for partners and allies
- Steps in win-win negotiation
- The keys to collaborative bargaining in partnering
- Leverage: What it is and how to use it?
- Negotiation tactics and ploys
- Dealing with difficult negotiators and barriers
- Ethics in negotiation
Higher level negotiation skills for challenging situations
- Listening and responding to signals and informal information
- Recovering from reversals, errors and challenges
- Developing a climate of trust
- Higher level conversation techniques
- Concentrating action on the needs of alliance partners
Maintaining alliances: critical thinking for decision making
- Gaining control and using information – formal and informal
- Identifying sources and testing assumptions
- Framing the problem
- Decision making under pressure
- Reviewing strategic alliances and building personal action
Successful Planning, Organising & Delegating Day Six
Creating an Attitude to Change How We Plan and Organize Work
- Course purpose, goals and objectives
- New systems strategic thinking
- Overview and context of organizational change and the impact on planning and organization
- Identifying a standard of excellence in the organization, team and personal work
- Review of management processes and skill areas
- Using a planning process to set goals and get projects started
Importance of Planning Management
- Integrating goals, scope, work structure and management planning
- Identifying initial resource requirements
- Identifying risk techniques that affect work assignments, priorities and deadlines
- Communication that responds to who, what where, when, how, why
- Understanding the importance of quality planning in work assignments
Delegation, Personal Organization and Setting Priorities
- Understanding how people approach their work
- Planning for time management, scheduling and meeting deadlines
- Using proper delegation skills to empower staff
- Improving prioritizing of work and work tasks
- Planning for delegation responsibility and authority
Planning Effectively with Your Team
- Identifying skills required to obtain the help of others
- The importance of group skills to achieve team success
- The importance of interpersonal skills in making personal and team decisions
- Empowering the team through the development of interpersonal skills
- The importance of versatility in team relations
Developing Personal and Team Change Plans
- Innovation and improvement for personal and team change
- Identification of change processes and human change
- Techniques to set personal and team change goals
- Dealing with people who do not want change
- Developing an action plan for personal and team change
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Jalan Conlay. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.