Management Reporting and Decision Making Training in Dubai , UAE
Course Code : MNG196 - Course Address : Manzil Downtown Hotel - Course Fees : 4750 GBP + 05% VAT
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Dubai , UAE||3 - 12 - 2023||7 - 12 - 2023||
|Dubai , UAE||7 - 1 - 2024||11 - 1 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||4 - 2 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||24 - 3 - 2024||28 - 3 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||21 - 4 - 2024||25 - 4 - 2024||
Management reporting and decision making are core skills for all managers and professionals. Effective decision making depends upon having both well presented information (be that in the form of a written report or an oral presentation) and the ability to analyse and assess that information and test the quality of the conclusions drawn. By the same token, effective management reporting requires an understanding of the decision making process so that decision makers’ needs can be properly met with all relevant information provided in a clear, concise and objective way.
- develop their management reporting skills so as to enhance the quality of decision making in their organisations.
- develop their decision making skills and take both a structured and creative approach to decision making.
- develop the ability to identify information needs and assess and interrogate the validity of the information and proposals presented to them.
The Decision Making Process and Skills
- Programme introduction and objectives
- The management decision process
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Forms and forums for decision making
- Synergy and group think in decision making
- De Bono’s ‘Thinking Hats’ and the decision making process
Managing Information/ Writing Reports and Proposals
- Information management – what decision makers need
- Principles of information management – filtering, scheduling and condensing
- Sources and types of information – quantitative and qualitative
- Features of effective reports and proposals
- The writing process – using time efficiently
- Clarifying objectives and decision makers needs
- Determining relevance – what to put in and what to leave out
- Structuring a report
- Developing logical sequencing
- Use of appendices, tables, diagrams and figures
Writing Reports and Proposals (cont)/Making Presentations for Decision Making
- Improving readability and fog factor analysis
- Sentence and paragraph structure
- Grammar and punctuation
- Getting the best from spell and grammar checks
- Principles of effective presentations
- Handling nerves and using notes
- Content and structure
Making Presentation for Decision Making (Cont)
- Body language and voice
- Using visual aids and stage management
- Designing effective and impactful slides with PowerPoint
- Choosing words with impact – using rhetorical devices
- Making team presentations
- Participants’ presentations and feedback session (1)
Committee Reporting and Decision Making
- Participants’ presentations and feedback session (2)
- Questioning and question handling skills
- Building support for ideas
- Influencing skills and ‘political’ dimensions
- Implementing and monitoring decisions
- Programme review
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Downtown. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.