The Essentials of Leadership and Management Training in London , UK
Course Code : MNG220 - Course Address : Hilton London Paddington Hotel - Course Fees : 9900 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|London , UK||24 - 12 - 2023||4 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||14 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||18 - 2 - 2024||29 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||3 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
This course aims to encourage effective, collaborative methods of leadership and management. The course helps delegates to work in their organizations and leverage the leadership potential of team members. Delegates will be exposed to focus on developing leadership skills, personal influence, as well as explore strategies for building a team of strong professionals who will support each other, deal with tough problems efficiently, and take accountability. This course focuses on tactful leadership practices that are effective in any business.
This course also offers a comprehensive overview of good management practice for those new to supervision. This course introduces delegates to the variety of skills needed to be successful and offers insights into how to personally manage the transition from being a ‘technical expert’ to supervision and team management. If you are new to supervision or management this course offers a compendium of ideas which will impact your practice immediately.
This program will feature:
- Leadership styles and transformation
- How to build strong collaborative team work
- Develop strategies for using personal leadership power and building strong, mutual influence relationships within organization
- Using the performance management process profitably
- The 4D Management model: direct, delegate, develop and deliver
- Discover the core competencies required for exemplary leadership
- Examine the ethical aspects of leadership and values which drive lasting results
- Appraise and select supervision tools that "fast track"" performance
- Comprehend and utilise the value of the performance management process
- Create and monitor personalized action plans for self, others and the team
Module 1: The Essentials of Leadership: Vision, Influence & Character
Developing a Leader
- Individual Leadership Development
- Leadership Styles and Agility
- The Mindset of a Leader
- The Leadership Values
- Top Leadership Behaviours
Interpersonal Leadership Skill
- Active Listening
- Aggressive, Passive , Assertiveness
- Developing Empathic Attunement
- Engaging in Collaborative Behaviours
- Coaching for Better Performance
Developing a Winning Team
- Understanding Team Dynamics
- Managing Performances
- Improving Team Effectiveness
- Delegating Effectively
- Team Building Exercises
Organizational Leadership Management
- Managing Change within the Organisation
- Impacting Organizational Culture
- Enhancing Leadership Influence
- Being An Enabling Leader
- Developing Organizational Commitment and Meaning
The Leader’s Network
- Stakeholder Relations
- The Network Weaver Roles
- Network Management
- Network Growth Indicators
- The Principles of Public Engagement
Module 2: The Management Essentials: Effectively Communicate, Delegate & Manage Priorities to Achieve Management Success Day Six
The Foundations of Management
- Understanding the ‘big picture’ of the working environment
- Making the transition into management: new skills, fears and expectations
- What Managers Do? Key competencies and behaviours
- Personality and impact on management style
- Identifying your management style
- The mistakes new managers make and how to avoid them
- A focus on Continuous Improvement
- The role of performance management in organisations
- Communicating team purpose and clarifying personal contributions
- Establishing SMART objectives and measure them
- Planning, prepare and conducting successful performance reviews
- Management behaviour and outcomes
Building High Performing Teams
- Creating the Highly Effective Teams
- Stages in team development and the managers role
- Appreciating team roles and diversity
- Team audit: exercise to evaluate current team performance
- Problem solving in teams; team exercise for creative decisions
- Change management and why individuals resist
Motivating and engaging your people
- Building trust: a critical in managing effectively
- How to give feedback: a tool for development and progression
- Handling difficult conversations
- Coaching for personal and team success
- Communication skills for coaching and management
- How to Motivate and your people
Managing Priorities and Delegating Deliverables
- What are my key deliverables?
- Managing Time Effectively
- Delegate to motivate
- Communicating with impact
- Personal management SWOT analysis
- Action planning for future improvement
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.