Every successful industry is in agreement that attracting, retaining and fully utilising talented staff is a key management function – but how to do it? This practical program will show delegates not only what’s needed but also how to make it happen so that you can gain strategic advantage through new approaches in knowledge management.
Specifically this course will feature:
- Ways you can significantly improve you recruitment to attract and select higher calibre staff
- Be able to use a differentiation to promote and encourage employees to perform better
- New approaches to achieve retention of high performing staff
- How to demonstrate the value of knowledge management in our industry in financial terms
- Improvement in ways of promoting and managing succession planning
At the end of this program delegates will be able to:
- Take action to improve significantly the recruitment and attraction process.
- Analyse & demonstrate how differentiation can significantly improve retention & motivation of high performing employees.
- Explain to others the advantages of profiling, testing & assessment centres for successful succession planning.
- Use a technique to measure & evaluate the best optimal size for any department in the organisation.
- Select through differentiation how training resources should be directed to get maximum organisational benefit.
The Context & Business Need for Quality People
- Introductions and program objectives
- The financial case for knowledge management – people focused
- Strategy needed and a focus on the long term
- Case study – group work and feedback DVD
- Is money the only motivator for high performing people?
- Good people are at different levels in the organisation – discussion and case study
Processes that Need to be Improved
- Significant improvements in recruitment
- Techniques to attract high performers – group work
- Knowledge management in action
- How to upgrade Performance appraisal
- Are your processes supportive of your strategy?
Differentiation – What it can do for your Organisation?
- The principle of differentiation – its benefits to the organisation
- Different performance levels in the organisation – the cost of poor performers
- Why do high performers leave –we know the answer
- The model of differentiation – how the organisation can significantly save money and be more efficient – group exercise
- Motivation – what works in 2015?
- Methods of finding key motivators – from questionnaires to briefings
Planning for the Future – How to Identify Potential?
- Appraisal is not a good tool for finding potential –discussion
- Use of profiling – demonstration and discussion
- The new role of testing – new tools and new results – examples
- The need for assessment centres – demonstration
- Who is the best person to identify potential?
- Strategy needed for fast tracking
Succession Planning & Talent Rotation
- New advances in succession planning
- Who needs a succession plan – case study
- Approaches you can adopt for your planning
- The role of Head Hunters
- Using our data –how to calculate how many people you need to be at maximum efficiency in any department –group exercise
- Program review